The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) is looking for a temporary (4 months and full time) Administrative and Project Assistant to join a small but diverse team of five staff based in the EU quarter in Brussels. The EFJ is the largest journalists organisation in Europe representing over 70 national journalists’ organisations in over 44 countries. We are recognised by the European Union and the Council of Europe as the representative voice of journalists in Europe. The Administrative an Project Assistant will report directly to the General Secretary, but he/she is required to work closely with all staff members.
• Provide administrative assistance to the General Secretary and the Director in organising expert groups and Steering Committee meetings
• Manage accommodation and travels bookings for the office and project events;
• Provide support in organising the General Meeting in May 2019, i.e. dealing with logistics, negotiating with hotels and contracts as well as coordinating with the hosting organisation;
• Deal with other day-to-day administrative work
• Support the development of projects related content, including presentations, multi-media, press releases, newsletter and publications etc.
• Liaise with the project officers to promote the projects events & meetings on the website and social media site;
• Under supervision, update and draft regularly the projects section on the project website;
• Assist with special events and meetings related to the projects;
• Liaise with the project officer on projects financial matters such as handling expense reports and invoices following the European Commission and donor’s rules;
• Assist in preparing the Financial Reports submission to the European Commission under the supervision of the project officers;
• Liaise with the project officers to keep track of travels and conference budgets.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of project management
• Knowledge of accounting systems;
• Fluent in English and French;
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT, additional knowledge on
accounting systems is appreciated);
• Capacity of understanding of European Commission financial &
• Organised and structured;
• Team-oriented/people-oriented, Proactive and able to be hands on and
provide an active support to colleagues;
• Able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exhibit self-motivation
• Experience of working in NGOs, particularly membership-based organisations;
• Experience of working with EU funded projects;
• This is a temporary contract of 4 months with full-time position;
• Remuneration will depend on experience;
• Candidates should be available to start on 14 January 2019.
• Closing date for applications: Monday, 12 November. However, applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis and interviews may be held before. Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
• Please send your CV and a one-page motivation letter to two reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org