You are here
Investigations Officer Greenpeace
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
- Provide the program department with the necessary intelligences, by executing and co-ordinating investigations.
- Dig up stories and content to expose environmental issues.
- Maintain and collaborate with a network of investigative journalists.
- Report on the outcome of performed research and investigative work.
- Provide training for staff, volunteers and external providers involved in investigative projects.
- Supervise investigative operations performed by volunteers, staff and external providers.
- Work in close collaboration with external media and other Greenpeace offices.
- You are motivated by the Greenpeace values and objectives.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English.
- You have relevant professional experience, e.g. in investigative journalism.
- You have excellent analytical skills.
- You have a profound knowledge of using the internet to unravel information.
- You feel comfortable giving trainings.
- You know the Belgian society well, in particular the journalistic landscape, and you are able to build and maintain a network of contacts.
- You are used to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- You have strong planning skills and are capable to overview multiple projects.
- You perform well under time pressure and you are stress resistant.
- A full-time permanent contract (part-time options can be discussed);
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment;
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, a complete 13th month, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays);
- A challenging job.
We invite you to consult the detailed job description.
Interested in this job offer? Send your application letter and cv in English, Dutch or French by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , with as subject 'Selection Investigations Officer'. You need to apply before the 13th of February 2017.